Merapoh Trail running is given a new breath of life by the introduction of Merapoh Rainforest Trail (MRT) in 2020. Since 2015, people of Merapoh have welcome trail runners from all over the world to its beautiful caves and trail paths. Our main objective top reserve the National Heritage and Save Merapoh Caves. We have discovered more than 150 caves in Merapoh and we believe there could be more than 200 caves that had not been discovered yet.These national heritages are under threats of destruction from the planned big-scale cement production project and logging activities in Merapoh. As the event grows, we also have seen spin-offs in the development to the local business and economy to Merapoh through eco-tourism. MRT will offer various categories for your pleasure in trail running; 25km, 50km, 100km and 100miles categories. Participants will run through the beautiful trail of Merapoh that includes running inside and through some of the iconic caves and wading through refreshing rivers.This race is a fast course with less technical sections and caters for beginner in trail running. Cut-off time 40 hours for 100miles, 22 hours for 100km, 12hours for 50km and a generous 7 hours for 25km category.
Race Pack Collection
Category: 100Miles Date: 7 August 2020 Time: 08:00AM-16:00PM Venue: Dewan Serbaguna, Kg Merapoh Category: 100KM, 50KM & 25KM Date: 7 & 8 August 2020 Time: 7 August 08:00AM-18:00PM Time: 8 August 08:00AM-11:00AM Venue: Dewan Serbaguna, Kg Merapoh
Registration Ends at
07 July, 2020 11:59 PM (GMT +08:00)
- Race Bib with timing chip for all categories (25KM, 50KM, 100KM and 100Miles) - Event Tee - Finisher Tee (finish within cut off time) - Finisher Medal (finish with in cut off time) - E-cert - Foods: 1x Breakfast, 1x Lunch, 2x Dinner (include award ceremony dinner on 9 August 2020)
- There are no cash prizes for this event - Top five winners from each category (Male & Female) will earn winners' trophy
TSHIRT SIZE CHART
TRANSPORT TO RACE VENUE
- Shuttle bus/chartered bus will be available from Putrajaya Sentral to Merapoh with additional cost of RM120 - Putrajaya Sentral–Merapoh–Putrajaya Sentral
- Basic dorm (bunk bed) accommodation will be provided at the local school, cost RM15 per bed/night - We are also promoting camping style race at MRT. We provide campsite in Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Merapoh and you may bring your own tent. If you don’t have a tent, you can rent from the organizer for RM60 (two people) -There’s no charge if you bring your own tent, the campsite is already inclusive with your registration - All the basic facilities such as toilet, shower, surau, dining hall are provided at campsite in Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Merapoh - Merapoh is located at rural area, the nearest Hotels are at the next town–Gua Musang located 25km away (30 mins by car/taxi). You have to arrange your own transport if you choose to stay in those Hotels.
HOTEL IN GUA MUSANG
Category 100 Miles - Mandatory race briefing will be held on 7 August 2020, Friday, 4pm at Dewan Serbaguna, Kg Merapoh. Category 100KM, 50KM and 25KM - Mandatory race briefing will be held on 8 August 2020, Saturday, 12pm at Dewan Serbaguna, Kg Merapoh.
- Headlamp - Hydration Bag / Bottles with at leat 1 liter of fluid - Food / Energy Gels / Energy Bar with at least 300 calories at start line - Blinkers - Mobile Phone - Whistle - Medical Kit (small) - Personal cup (we will not provide cups at the Check Points in the principle of protecting the environment and to have NO garbage in the trail)
FLAG OFF & CUT OFF TIME