Official Website: http://www.mmtf.my Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 is co-organized by 10 Senses, MMTF Consultant, Grit Event Management, Total Sports Solutions and Actife Style Concept. Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 is a series of 5 Cross Country races which will be held in 5 states namely Putrajaya, Perak, Sarawak, Melaka and Penang. Each race will have 2 distances albeit the 10KM and 21KM. The main objective for the organization of Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 is to revive the sports of cross country here in Malaysia besides encouraging Malaysians to lead a healthy lifestyle via the run movement whilst fostering unity of all races. What is “Cross Country” • The Rules and Tradition of Cross Country Running Emerged in Britain with the 1stNational Competition in 1876. • Is A Race Which Teams and Individuals Run A Race On Open-Air Courses Over Natural Terrain Such As Dirt or Grass. • The Runners Are Referred To As Harriers. • The Course May Include Surfaces Of Grass and Earth, Pass Through Woodlands and Open Country and Include Hill, Flat Ground and Sometimes On Gravel Road. • Runners Are Judged On Individual Times and Teams By A Point Scoring Method. • Cross Country Running Is Under The Umbrella Sport of Athletics, Hence the Rules Governed By IAAF Is Adhered to. Why “Salomon”? • Founded in 1947 by Francois Salomon, Salomon has become a global leader in outdoor sports, with diverse range of products that enable one to play outside 365 days per year. • It’s a brand synonymous with hiking, climbing, alpine skiing, snow-boarding, adventure racing and trail running. • Salomon has the perfect product range that meets the call of outdoors. • In wanting to revive the sports of cross country running in Malaysia, we believe that there is no better brand than Salomon in bringing those states of mind together for that purpose.
Race Pack Collection
Event is postponed. Race Kit Collection will be announced soon. Date: TBC Time: 10.00am – 06.00pm Venue: TBC
Registration Ends at
31 July, 2021 11:59 PM (GMT +08:00)
1) There is a championship within Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020. 2) Runners will be awarded championship points upon completion of their race based on their positioning in each race. 3) The championship is however limited to the 21KM race category. 4) 10KM runners will also earn points upon completing their race. However, these points will not be taken into consideration for the Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 Championship which are limited to 21KM category. 5) All races and championship information is as follows.
21KM - Race Bib - Timing Chip - Event Tee - Finisher Tee - Finisher Medal - E-Cert - Refreshment on the course/ Finish Line - Personal Insurance/ Public Liability Insurance 10KM - Race Bib - Timing Chip - Event Tee - Finisher Medal - E-Cert - Refreshment on the course/ Finish Line - Personal Insurance/ Public Liability Insurance
1) Finisher medals will only be awarded to runners, upon completion of race within cutoff time. 2) Registered participants who do not turn up in person on Race Day will be disqualified and will not be entitled to a finisher medal. 3) Finisher medals design as shown herein. Base plate is only for those who register for 5 races in the series
1) All Participants will receive an official Salomon X-Trail tee. 2) Participants are advised to refer to the size chart and select their sizes carefully to avoid any sizing issues. No exchange will be allowed after confirmation of registration. 3) Event T-Shirt size chart as follows :
1) Finisher T-shirt will only be awarded to 21KM runners, who completed their race within cutoff time. 2) Participants are advised to refer to the size chart and select their sizes carefully to avoid any sizing issues. No exchange will be allowed after confirmation of registration. 3) Finisher T-Shirt size chart as follows :
1) Prizes are for top 10 runners of each category. 2) Cash voucher for top 5 runners. 3) Respective state organizers reserve the rights to provide more prizes than shown below.
Bib design is in progress. ** Note 1: Participants must wear their bib numbers at the front. ** Note 2: Tampering with the race bib in any way (e.g. obscuring/removing sponsor’s identification) will result in your disqualification. The organizer shall immediately disqualify any participants, if this rule is not strictly observed. ** Note 3: Participants without Race Bibs on event day will not be allowed to start the race. ** Note 4: Whosoever found to be running with another person’s race bib other than his/ her own will be subjected to disqualification, and possible banned from the event for a period of time. ** Note 5: The organizer is against the unlawful transfer of bib. Any transfer must be made known and be authorized by the organizer. This is to ensure that should there be any incidents, the right person is contacted and the right treatment to be administered in some cases.
FLAG OFF & CUT OFF TIME
ROUTE MAP AND CHECKPOINTS
To be released in stages from 28th February 2020
Support crews are not required for this race, as the respective checkpoints by the organizer are adequate for runners to successfully complete the race. If you have support crews, kindly ensure that they only support you at the start – finish area. Support crews are not allowed on the course, as they could be a hazard to other runners or to themselves. Anyone found to have breached this rule of law will be disqualified and evicted from the course. Organizer is not responsible for the safety of support crews. The registered runner is responsible for the actions of his/ her support crews. Support crews must comply with all instructions from event officials. The runner may be penalized or disqualified for actions or breaches of the rules by their support crew. Support crews must not consume refreshments at start – finish area. The food is for the competitors only.
REFUNDS AND TRANSFERS
This race has a “No Refund Policy”. However, if you can no longer participate in the race, you have the right to execute “transfer” of your slots to a 3rd party runner at RM30.
DOCUMENT REQUIRED FOR REPC
1) Confirmation slip or National Registration Identity Card (Malaysian)/ Passport together must be produced during REPC. Note: We encourage a paperless environment. Hence, a confirmation slip displayed through mobile/smartphone at the REPC counter will suffice. 2) Please note that race entry packs will not be issued on event day unless the organizer are informed in advance. This is to ensure that there is no disruption to the preparation of the race. 3) Kindly note that the registered participant is required to collect his/ her own Race Entry Pack. You are not allowed to collect Race Entry Pack on behalf of other runners. 4) For runners who are not able to collect their race pack during REPC as mentioned above, kindly inform us in advance and please ensure that you collect your race pack 3 hours before the start of your race. All race pack collection counter will cease operation 90 mins before the start of the respective race.
** Note 1: All runners are covered by Personal Accident Insurance. Class of Insurance: Personal Accident Insurance INSURANCE COVERAGE : Accidental Death : RM5,000.00 or Personal Disability : RM5,000.00 Medical Expense : RM200.00
1) Putrajaya – +6016 733 4100; Perak – +6016 557 1250; Sarawak – +6016 878 2809; Melaka – +6016 675 8075; Penang – +6017 878 9373 2) Email – [email protected]
Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 - Putrajaya
You can sign up for Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 - Putrajaya too!
Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 - Taiping
You can sign up for Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 - Taiping too!
Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 - Kuching
You can sign up for Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 - Kuching too!
Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 - Penang
You can sign up for Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 - Penang too!
ONLINE REGISTRATION / RULES & REGULATIONS
1. All participants must register online by providing their name, NRIC/Passport number, gender, contact number, email address, and emergency contact details. 2. Upon successful registration, each participant will receive a confirmation slip via email. The confirmation slip serves as the only valid evidence of registration. All participants are required to present their respective confirmation slips or identity card/ passport during Race Entry Pack Collection Day. 3. The Event is open to participants who are 16 years of age and above. Age is calculated based on 5thApril 2020. 4. Participants must place their race bibs facing forward, prominently as high as possible on the front of your Running Tee. Do not place your race bib on the side of your hips, on your back or tucked away in your jacket. Runners found without their race bib numbers may be penalized or disqualified. Please ensure that the race bib number is visible. 5. Tampering with the race bib in any way (e.g. obscuring/removing sponsor’s identification) will result in your disqualification. The organizer shall immediately disqualify any participants, if this rule is not strictly observed. 6. No pets or animals allowed on the course. 7. A runner is not allowed to be supported by any 3rdParty or participant to the race, other than at the Checkpoints/ Water Stations provided by the organizer along the course. 8. If you withdraw from the race, you must report to the closest checkpoint. This will ensure that you will be safety remove from the race course and transported back to the race venue. 9. You must obey the instructions given by event team. 10. Littering is prohibited. Kindly dispose all litter at the nearest checkpoint. 11. You must obey any information signs and markers along the race course. 12. The organizer reserves the right to discourage and/or penalize behavior that is considered unsporting
NOTICE OF DEFERMENT - NEW DATES Foremost, we hope this find you in great spirit and in good health. In lieu of the current situations and progress we have made with event during the difficult moments brought about by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and after much consultation with our respective stakeholders and Salomon Malaysia, we have to come to a painful and difficult decision to defer the complete Salomon X-Trail Malaysia Series 2020 to 2021. This we believe would be the best way to move forward and in the best interest of all runners, the event teams from the 5 states, our partners, our sponsors, their family and especially the people living in the 5 towns. · All registered runners will be deferred to 2021. · There will be no refund and if you cant make it on the dates provided, you may write in to transfer the slot to another runner during the respective registration period as mentioned herein below. · All registration is suspended as of now and will resume base on the followings dates:- Putrajaya (01.01.2021 - 30.04.2021), Perak (01.02.2021 - 31.05.2021), Sarawak - Melaka (01.04.2021 - 31.07.2021), Penang (01.05.2021 - 31.08.2021) With this deferment, we will continue to scrutinize the situations pertaining to the pandemic and will make announcement when the time is right with regards to "SALOMON #TimeToPlay CLINICS" that we will be organizing in the 5 states during the run up to the series in 2021. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience or hardship this announcement creates but would like to reassure you that this is made with everyone best interest in mind after so much work and preparation have been made on this #RoadToTrail project. We hope everyone of you will continue to stay safe, stay healthy, stay strong and stay positive. God knows how much we misses everyone and can't wait to head back into trails with you. Thank you so much for your kind understanding and support through this very difficult period. #SalomonMY #SalomonXTrailMY